- QR's lack of drivers reduced system resilience and the ability to recover from delays.
- QR's lack of trains reduced system resilience and the ability to recover from delays.
- The lack of Cross River Rail (which was originally intended to open in 2016) reduces system resilience - Cross River Rail would add 50% more tracks through the CBD.
- QR and TransLink's information provided to customers during delays continues to be appalling.
- The delay in New Generation Rollingstock means the geriatric EMU trains are remaining in service.
The policy failure of successive state and federal governments from both sides of politics has resulted in Brisbane having a train network that can meltdown to chaos far too easily. You can tell when the current state government is in political trouble, as a rare (for Brisbane) refund for morning train commuters was announced in during the afternoon.
Like the NGRs will actually be any more reliable than the EMUs though lolReplyDelete