|Sydney CityRail - more advanced timetable info|
Sydney CityRail late 2013 timetable
- More than 1 year notice of changes in government press release.
- Considerable information on service changes, reasons behind service changes, who will be conveniences, and who will be inconvenienced.
QR / TransLink stage 2 timetable
- One liner on TransLink's website about late 2011 introduction. Didn't happen.
- Reply from complaint to TransLink stated early 2012 introduction. Didn't happen.
- TransLink 2012 Network Plan stated introduction in 2011/12 financial year. Didn't happen.
- Schedulers couldn't provide any useful information about the timetable at 2 recent QR CRG meetings.
- Queries to both TransLink and the new Transport Minister about the introduction date have had no reply.
The stage 2 (AKA phase 2) timetable is not the only public transport issue that remains a state secret in Queensland. The QR passenger load survey went missing in action when patronage declined due to huge fare rises - how convenient. Full bus figures are not released in the quarterly TransLink Tracker. More recently, will the general public get to read the "expert panel" report which suggested a half-baked version of Cross River Rail? BrizCommuter was hoping for more openness and accountability under the new LNP government, but so far this doesn't seem to be the case.