|QR - not rated highly!|
- Unreliable train service post opening of Redcliffe Peninsula Line due to lack of drivers and trains.
- 100+ axed services in Interim Timetable Mk1.
- 400+ axed services, and Friday confusion-fest in Interim Timetable Mk2.
- Completely axing the Rosewood Line at weekends.
- The 8th December system meltdown.
- The complete stuff up that was the Xmas Day timetable, with 235 cancellations.
- Reducing peak and daytime off-peak services by around 50% in the Summer School Holiday Timetable.
- Charging peak fares for off-peak level of service in above mentioned timetable.
- Cancelled trains due to "operational issues" left, right, and centre.
- Abysmal customer information during all of the above.
BrizCommuter has heard from uninformed sources, that Facebook's rating system is unable to handle a rating of 1.0 star, which is where QR is rapidly heading. A rating of 1.0 could cause mass server failures, and thus prevent users from around the world know that their friends and family have changed their status for the 20th time that day. Only QR staff logging on, and giving themselves a 5 star rating is currently preventing this major world catastrophe.
Thus, due to QR's massive un-popularity, it is rumoured that the social network will implement a 0 star rating, just for QR. Software engineers are already concerned that even a 0 star rating may not be enough to handle ratings for "the developed world's worst train operator", and that Facebook may have to implement a negative rating system if full services are not restored by 23rd January 2017.