|Tim Nicholls - Out of Touch|
- No 50% increase in rail capacity through Brisbane's CBD.
- No 50% increase in Gold Coast Line services.
- No 25% increase in Cleveland Line services.
- No 50% increase in outer Beenleigh Line services.
- No capacity for Salisbury to Beaudesert Line services.
- No 100% increase, and express services on the Redcliffe Peninsula Line.
- No improvements in journey times from the Gold Coast to Brisbane's CBD.
- No station as part of Roma Street redevelopments (Entertainment Centre).
- No capability for building the Trouts Road Line to massively increase services on the Sunshine Coast Line and serve North West Brisbane suburbs for the first time by rail.
- No improvements in train network resilience and reliability across QR's train network.
- No train service to the Southern end of Brisbane's CBD and Wooloongabba.
- Will limit off-peak frequency across QR's train network.
- Will increase road congestion.
- Will result in Brisbane loosing out on business to more progressive cities which are building rail tunnels such as Auckland, Sydney, and Melbourne.
- Will severely damage Brisbane's reputation as a "New World City".
Business groups and even the RACQ are fully supportive of Cross River Rail. For Tim Nicholls and the LNP to continue being anti-CRR, shows how out of touch he is with 21st century transport policy. Axing CRR would prevent improvements to public transport from suburbs that are in LNP electorates - go figure! A vote against CRR, will cause transport meltdown in SE Queensland, and make Brisbane look even more backwards on the world stage.