|NGR #701 being delivered in February 2016|
- Guard accommodation and location. It is strongly rumoured that the LNP Newman government wanted to NGR to be driver only, and thus the guard accommodation was only an afterthought. Also, the guards being located at the back of the 6-car NGR trains, and disabled passengers waiting locations being in the middle of the 6-car NGR trains is slight problem, that is not going to end happily.
- Driver cab design. It is rumoured that drivers and/or unions were not properly involved by the LNP Newman government and "boy wonder" (now opposition) Transport Minister Scott Emerson. There have been issues related to sight lines, stopping locations, and ergonomics.
- Lack of drivers for testing.
- Changes to the braking system.
- Late arrival of the first few units.
- NGR project being managed by Department of Transport and Main Roads, not Queensland Rail.
- Various other "teething issues". Not surprising given that India isn't exactly renowned for it's train manufacturing industry.
PS: Not enough NGR trains have been ordered. You might want to order a few more Ms Trad!