|QR Ruins the School Winter Holidays|
This horrendous service reduction will take QR back to era of diesel hauled services in the late 70s, early 80s. Quite clearly, QR continue to have disregard for those who actually need to use public transport, including:
- Hospital and Emergency Service workers.
- Hospitality and Restaurant workers.
- Retail workers.
- People wanting to go shopping (or other amenities) in and around Brisbane CBD.
- Families wanting to get to/from various timed events in and around Brisbane.
- People wanting to travel to/from the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
- Anyone else trying to avoid holiday road congestion.
At the time of announcing the last minute changes, TransLink have failed to publish any .pdf timetables, and the usual half-arsed communications from QR will be expected. No mention of the changes on QR's Facebook page, as that now seems to concentrate on wide angle photos of dogs instead of informing customers about train services. The ongoing rail fail makes Brisbane appear to be a laughing stock of the western world, yet again having the worse urban rail frequent in Australia and New Zealand over these weekends.
The Winter School Holiday #RailFail begs the following questions:
- With the Commonwealth Games only 10 months away - how bad are the train service cut backs going to be on lines other than the Gold Coast Line?
- Will there be more timetable cut backs in 2017 and 2018?
- Is the "invisible" Citytrain Response Unit actually doing anything?
- Do QR and the Palaszczuk government realise the reputational damage this is causing Brisbane and SE Queensland?
- Do QR and the Palaszczuk government realise the Cross Rail Rail could be axed by the LNP if they get back in power due to voters fed up with Rail Fail?