|Overcrowding on 07:17 from Ferny Grove to City|
- Completely different service cuts on Friday compared to Monday to Thursday causes massive confusion to passengers who have to remember two different "dismembered" timetables.
- Totally unacceptable 60 minute gaps between trains on the Doomben Line in the am peak, early pm peak, and pm peak.
- The previously full to capacity 07:10am and 07:25am services from Ferny Grove to the City has been axed, resulting on severe overcrowding (as in passengers unable to board from Alderley) on the 07:17am from Ferny Grove service.
- Multiple 30 minute gaps between peak period train services on the Cleveland Line, with the pm peak express service being reduced by 50%, and "dangerous overcrowding" reported.
- 30 minute late am peak gap on the Caboolture Line.
- Pm peak services axed during the busiest part of the peak period from Ipswich and Springfield Lines with 24 minute service gaps, and annoyingly different times to axed services on Monday to Thursday.
- 32 minute gap between Springfield services at school finish time.
- Large number of axed "Inner North" services from Northgate to City (and vice versa)
- The "Turn Up and Go" 15 minute daytime off-peak services on the Ferny Grove, Beenleigh, and Cleveland Lines have been butchered - more like "Turn Up and Hope"!
- 06:02am from Varsity Lakes to City runs all stations, slowing down the Gold Coast to Brisbane commute by 18 minutes. In fact this train gets overtaken by the following service. It would be awfully nice if QR could inform commuters of this fact!
- 30 minute am peak gap to Brisbane Airport delaying passengers trying to catch morning flights.
- Considerable reduction in via South Bank services, causing disruption to hospitals, workplaces, and education.
- Some axed services from Monday to Thursday run on Fridays, causing passengers to avoid services that are actually running.
- Increase in last minute cancelled (or "altered" as QR like to call it) services on Fridays.
- Plenty of other service changes that have missed off this list causing annoyance and frustration to passengers.
- Mistakes in the timetables and TransLink journey planner.
Rail services on Fridays are an embarrassment for Brisbane, and resulting voter anger may well be end for the ALP Palaszczuk government, irrespective of the Newman and Emerson cause. Does any other developed city in the world run a "special cut-back" timetable Fridays? No!
The above service advisory from TransLink should read: The 4:50pm Ipswich to Kippa-Ring train is delayed 10 minutes due to inadequate train service caused by institutional incompetence.