Here is a reminder why the Quirky Brisbane Metro is a terrible idea:
- Busway congestion could be resolved by an almost $0 bus network reform, instead of spending $1.5b+ (more realistically $3b) on a totally unnecessary Metro system.
- It would increase journey times, as passengers would have to change from bus to metro at Wooloongabba and Herston to access Brisbane's CBD.
- It goes against Graham Quirk's excuse for lack of bus network reform of providing one seat journeys.
- It has lower capacity than the existing busway.
- It does not serve RBWH, PA Hospital, and UQ, three major trip generators on the busway network. In fact it annoyingly stops just one stop short of both RBWH and PA Hospitals.
- Important parts of the design, such as the interchange design have not been properly considered.
- It does not provide any new journey opportunities, unlike the urgently required Cross River Rail.
- It is providing political distraction from the urgently required Cross River Rail.
- It does not solve Brisbane's rail capacity issues, unlike Cross River Rail.
Please, Graham Quirk, return to the land of reality - instead of wasting billions of $$$ on something that not required, start supporting Cross River Rail and bus network reform.