- Replace a busway that can handle at least 12,000 passengers per hour, with the Quirky Metro that can handle only 9,000 passengers per hour (or even less at opening).
- Disrupt bus services for 6 years whilst constructing the Quirky Metro.
- Force passengers to change from bus to metro only a few km from their destination, increasing journey times.
- Terminates at an abandoned Children's Hospital.
- Force passengers travelling to RBWH to have to change from metro to bus just one stop short.
- Quirky Metro will have drivers, even through driverless metros have been around for more than 30 years.
- Spend $1.5b of tax and rate payers money for all of the the above.
- Doesn't appear to support Cross River Rail (which Brisbane urgently requires, unlike the Quirky Metro.)
- Isn't interested in improving bus services to public transport black holes such as Centenary Suburbs and Northern Suburbs.
- Isn't interested in making Brisbane City Council's bus network more efficient and less confusing.
- Is spending $650m on widening a rarely congested road that has just been bypassed by a road toll tunnel.
Ha, Ha, April Fools....
...It's not an April Fool you say? Oh s**t!!!