|Brisbane's Sad Future?|
Here is the Campbell Newman's LNP state government public transport report card:
- Bus network planning - MP Scott Emerson threw out TransLink's excellent (but not perfect) revolutionary changes. This was replaced by the continuation of Brisbane City Council (also LNP) inspired inefficiency and confusion - FAIL
- Full buses - still more than 2000 full buses every month - FAIL
- Pork-barrelling - Managed a half-baked Ferny Grove Line 15 minute off peak frequency, and extended the wasteful Maroon CityGlider into Ashgrove. Both serve Campbell Newman's Ashgrove constituency - PASS ( really a FAIL)
- Stage 2 Rail Timetables - Still missing in action - FAIL
- Fare improvements - Changes to 10 journeys then free cap to 9 journeys then free. But also increased fares by 7.5%, so that for most users the fares still increased. Brisbane continues to have the world's 3rd most expensive rail fares, the world's 2nd most expensive bus fares, and the world's most expensive fares without a refund policy, all for what is a pretty shoddy public transport network - FAIL
- Cross River Rail - Scott Emerson has played stupid political games that have probably killed off the essential Cross River Rail, not helped by Tony Abbott's 1960's road mentality - FAIL
- Patronage - Due to high fares, infrequent trains, and sacking thousands of public servants, public transport patronage has continued to decline. Road congestion (and Centrelink queues) will only get worse! - FAIL
VERDICT - EPIC FAIL (So incompetent, that BrizCommuter doubts that LNP politicians could work out how to get a shag in a brothel).
And as for Tony Abbott - the size of his rail project funding is proportional to what's in his speedos.